Photo: View of the houses burnt down on 14 August 1876 in Langen Gasse/ today Bertholdstraße (house no. 141 far right: inn "Zum König von Preußen" 1815 - 1865), source: Natural History Museum Bertholdsburg Castle
Photo: Business building Lange Gasse 141
Photo: Transfer of the company "Rudolf Lang", which Hermann Lang had managed until then, to his son Harry Lang, advertisement in the Henneberger Kreisblatt from 25 February 1928
On August 18, 1938 Heinrich Opitz from Waldenburg bought the property together with the inventory from Hermann Lang for 18,000 RM and continued the business. "The purchaser also grants Hermann Lang, his wife Klara and his sister Lina "a right of residence for a period of one year from September 1 of this year, in the back building of the sold property. [...] The seller is non-Aryan. The buyer is Aryan."
Photo: HO clothing store, Bertholdstraße 22, from the collection of Hans Schulz
Photo: "Haus des Kindes", from the collection of Silke Grüber
On 1 August 1988 a change of legal entity takes place: The Opitz family transfers the house at Bertholdstraße 22 to the town council of Schleusingen/KWV. It is in a desolate state, so the city decides to demolish the house.
Photo: Demolition of Bertholdstraße 22 in 1988, from the collection of Hans Schulz
Photo: The house of the Lang family today
Photo: Ernest and Esther Lang in November 2008 in front of the former family property in Bertholdstrasse 22, Klosterpassage